- Five chicken thighs liberally coated in a paste of cumin and cardamom powder, and coconut oil.
- Sear the chicken on both sides on a high flame. Remove chicken from the pot and return to the bowl where mixed with paste.
- In the pot, caramelize one large onion, medium chopped.
- Add five loosely chopped cloves of garlic, a half-palm of chili pepper flakes, and half a pineapple, cored and cut into mouth-sized squares. Turn the heat to a medium flame and brown the pineapple.
- Add a palmful of lemongrass, ground the from the root end and cut into in 1/2″ pieces.
- Add two medium chopped tomatoes and one large or two medium sliced red peppers, and one sliced plantain.
- Mix and let stew for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken on top of everything along with the juices from the bowl. Cover and turn flame to medium-low.
- In the chicken bowl, whisk two shaken cans of coconut milk with two teaspoons of red Thai curry paste.
- Turn the pot to a low flame and slowly add the coconut milk, combining all the ingredients gently then cover.
- Stew on a low flame for 30-45 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Serve over basmati or jasmine rice.
- Sprinkle chopped scallions over the top.
- It paired well with a cheap Kiwi sauvignon blanc.